Monday, May 27, 2013

BLW Must Haves

I am gearing up for Leo Nugget to start BLF(baby-led-feeding) in the next month. A Momz from Cohen's preschool told me about it and I am open to trying new things.

My List of must haves
2.Long Sleeved Bib (7.99)
4. Beaba Babycook (150.00)

The Antilop chair cost's 19.99 are you freaking kidding me? I paid over 200$ for Cohen Nugget's high chair and its a hunk of junk. Long Sleeve bib's are a must because it's about to get real messy. Hopefully I can find a long sleeve bib for myself. It's raining veggies! Crinkle cutter's are great for the veggie's or fruits such as carrot, sweet potato, potato. Once steamed they can be pretty tough for the little nugget to grasp. Lastly, you will need a vegetable steamer. The one I listed was the Beaba Babycook, which is totally overpriced but I bought it when Cohen Nugget came along so I'm going to get my money's worth. 

Other great steamers: Hamilton Beach food steamer (Walmart) 29.99


So let me share what BLW means....


According to the most recent research most babies reach for food at around six months, which is also the time that mothers are being encouraged to wean* by their Health Visitors, in accordance with the WHO guidelines.
The distinct advantage of weaning at around six months is that by then, our children are developmentally capable of feeding themselves proper food, in other words – no more mush! You just hand them the food in a suitably-sized piece and if they like it they eat it and if they don’t they won’t. (But they do, really they do) That’s the essence of Baby Led Weaning. No purees, no ice cube trays, no food processor, no potato masher, no baby rice, no weird fruit and veg combos… just you and your child, eating food that you enjoy with you and your family. -babyledweaning.com
Here are a list of signs that should show that you baby is ready for BLW.

When they say weaning, they don't mean off of the breast or formula. It means your Nugget will choose what and how much they can fit in their belly.

I'm excited for the fam to all experience this together. It has been hard holding off this long since Cohen Nugget started pablum and puree's at around 4 month's but I'm sticking to my guns. I will be posting Leo Nugget's first time(s) and weekly BLW recipes.

I am prepared for messy...
I am prepared for gagging...
I am prepared for steaming...
I am prepared for the experience...
I am prepared for BLW...
I am prepared for no...more..mush

0 comments:

Post a Comment