Saturday, June 15, 2013

Baby Leo Weaning



Sooo...I held off as long as I could with solids. 

I wanted to wait until 6 months.

Lelo kept grabbing food off my plate and shoving it in his face...little piggy.

With much hesitation and a few panic attacks, I slapped a sliced banana and avocado on his tray.

First day he mushed that crap out of it and just made a mess on my floor. He thought he was entertaining. 

After a few day's I became a little more confident in Leo's abilities to gum everything I gave him...


  • Cucumber
  • Broccoli
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Tofu
  • Chicken
  • Egg Yolk
  • Raw Spinach
  • Avocado
  • Banana
  • Pancake
  • Quinoa Zucchini Muffins


I am still solely breast feeding him. Most of the time he plays with it or sucks on what I give him. We have had our share of gagging and funny faces but for the most part his chewing reflex is amazing. I think by me not shoveling his mouth with a spoon he has learnt gumming rather than swallowing. He decides how much he wants to eat and what he likes. This way he becomes less fussy with what he dislikes.

He is starting to use his pincher now just after 2 weeks. Before he grabbed and fisted everything in his mouth LOL.

Me not spending hours on purees has made my life so much easier with two kids. 

Somethings I have discovered which work really well is if it's a slimy slippery food roll it in crushed rice puff, crushed rice crispy and they can grip it much easier.
MMMmm Raspberries



0 comments:

Post a Comment