Tuesday, July 2, 2013

3-Year Old Favorites

1. Leap Pad 2 -$79.99
2. Melissa & Doug Responsibility Chart-$24.99
3. Press Here-$19.99
4. Nakamura Runner Bike-$69.99
5. Animal Planet-$7.99

I thought since I always update you with Leo nuggets month to month favorites I would do a 3-year old version. 

For Christmas baby daddy and I decided to get Cohen a Leap Pad. I was totally against giving a 3-year old a nice iPad and didn't want him to get overly addicted to it. I did my research on Leap Pad and the Vtech Innotab. Comparably the Leap Pad is better, more durable, quicker and smaller for 3-year old hands. It was also nice when Leo was a newborn and I was nursing. His dexterity has improved and he recognize's letter and number so easily. 

Melissa & Doug have amazing products, products that last and keep your child entertained. When Cohen was 2 I stumbled upon it at chapters and they were going for $24.99 and thought I would purchase it then and introduce it to him when he is 3. Currently using a Leap Frog success chart with stickers we will eventually move onto wooden chart. 

Press Here by Herve Tullet Press the yellow dot on the cover of this book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! Children and adults alike will giggle with delight as the dots multiply, change direction, and grow in size! Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!
Press Here was introduced to me by a friend. It's a really great interactive book. They learn to follow instruction and every page is a different while you use the imagination. It's pretty expensive at Chapters but Amazon has the hardcover for $10.99.

You've seen pictures, you have heard me tell stories. The Runner bike was probably the best thing I ever spent my money on. Cohen lives and breath's to ride that bike. I'm totally OK with that because he is constantly outside becoming more independent. I wish I would have bought it for him last summer, I think you could start them at 2 on the runner and would be able to figure out their balance. 

Lastly, I found Animal Planet and Toys R'us joined forces and put out a line of play-sets. Dinosaurs, farm animals, safari. You name it they have it. Cohen pulls them out from time to time & even Leo has taken a interest in them.



0 comments:

Post a Comment