Thursday, October 17, 2013

Did you know you could make your own Baby Wipes?


Yes, I actually made these. I made them because I actually researched what is in baby wipes along with diapers, baby lotions and baby wash. It's a scary world out their thinking that they make these products for BABIES. 

A friend of a friend actually filled me in on a few things and I've done a bit of research. Actually a lot of research. I've been staying up way passed curfew and my kids are paying for it in the morning.

Here are a few things that baby wipes most likely contain:

Parabens
Sodium Lauryl
Laureth Sulfates
Synthetic Frangrances
Formaldehyde
Dye
Chloride.

When I would go to the drugstore to pick out baby wipes I thought ....Green Tea Cucumber wipes...that will sure smell nice on the babies bottom. What you want to look for is no dye, no fragrances and a ingredient list. Same with diapers they list SAP, Chloride and Dioxin's.

Anyways If you are looking to be a little more Eco-friendly you can visit EWG.org or download the app Healthy Child Healthy World.

The wipes I made this evening consisted of Roll of paper towel (I cut mine into quarters) 2 Cups of hot water, 2 tbs Nutiva coconut oil and 2 tbs of baby shampoo (without parabens, SLS, Chloride)


The hardest part was finding a knife that would cut through thick ass paper towel. Don't use a serrated knife it rips it to shit. Tutorial from Everyday Beautiful. Enjoy peeps!

I'll be back in a few days to fill you in on my new Eco Journey.