Thursday, January 9, 2014

Are 4 year old's awesome/ Did I just steal Daddy's best friend?


I don't know if the Lord has answered my prayers or if the grass is greener after turning four years old.

This is part guilt post/I love four year old's.  So as most of you know, Cohen just turned four at the beginning of January. I had full intentions of writing about Cohen turning four and the high hopes that came with that. 


3 is hard. Hard as balls (inappropriate). But, it was a struggle most days and the best way I can put it is, he was always Against me!


I was the enemy. The nagger. The one who shattered his dreams when he couldn't fulfill his video game needs. The chicken bach <- if any of you have met Cohen, you have heard him say this. It is not a nice thing just to clarify. Daddy was awesome and I was like a piece of old gum that he stepped on daily.

OK...I will adjust to that. I have a new baby anyway that "needs" me. It's actually terrifying how much that kid is constantly crying at my feet. I know I'm awesome but you can't have my attention 24/7.


As I came to terms with the fact that I was no longer needed in this tiny persons world except for; feeding, the occasional ass wipe or the Kleenex. 


HOLD ON.

YOU JUST TURNED FOUR AND WHAT?
YOU LIKE ME AGAIN?
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.
I WOULD LOVE TO Be YOUR FRIEND AGAIN.

OK Leo get lost. (Kidding)


This kid is pulling out all the stops. 


"Mom, I like your outfit. It has never looked so nice"

"Do you need an almond" (I will get to that)
"Let's eat strawberries and read."
"I love you mom. I love you two mom"

Just some of the things he has been saying to me about just shy of 8 days. It is like we went to bed and we are different people. I do have to voice some of my concerns about this though... 


So...Daddy is gone. Away at work. Are you using me? It's never been said I'm sure but "Can four year olds use and manipulate us". Typing that out doesn't sound so far fetched.


Also, could the problem be me? Have I become a lazy parent of two? Could it be my new diet and exercise regime? I wake up happy...and go to bed happy. It's been awhile. I'm back!


It's nice. We workout together (he actually lays by my mat and feeds me almonds to keep my energy up). Do yoga together. Color together. Eat the same meals. Have conversations. 


I guess I was able to write about my four year old and the high hopes that came with it. I'm so glad I'm not yelling anymore. Well...glad its not you Cohen. Leo your up next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment